Food Banks Canada and Loblaw Companies Limited have partnered in a national food drive in support of food banks. The 2016 campaign is taking place from March 11 to April 1.
Grimsby Benevolent Fund is proud to have the support of Grimsby Real Canadian Superstore. When doing your shopping, be sure to pick up a few items for the food bank. Superstore is also collecting cash donations at the checkout in support of the food bank, making it easy to donate money as well as food items.
GBF will be on hand at the store on March 26 to thank you for your support, so make sure to drop by and say hello!
For more information, visit Food Banks Canada at https://www.foodbankscanada.ca/Blog/March-2016-(1)/Doing-Good-by-Doing-Your-Grocery- Shopping.aspx
What does the food bank need?
- Diapers, formula and baby food Pasta sauce
- Canned soups, stews, fruit and vegetables Canned tuna, salmon and chicken
- Large fruit juices and juice boxes Granola and cereal bars
- Toilet paper and household cleaning products Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and deodorant Rice, side dishes and hamburger helper
- Snacks for school lunches Coffee and tea