WITHOUT OUR VOLUNTEERS GBF WOULD JUST BE THREE SMALL LETTERS!
We are extremely proud of our team at the Grimsby Benevolent Fund. Currently we have over 300 volunteers who work passionately each and every day in our facility. They know that by volunteering they’re helping fight hunger in their community. This is a incredibly rewarding experience for those who give of their time. You can only imagine the difference that each of them is making in the lives of those we service at the Grimsby Benevolent Food Bank. There are many ways to donate time to the Grimsby Benevolent Fund.
VOLUNTEER ROLES INCLUDE:
- Food sorting : Sorting food donations into different categories. This would include weighing and replacing incoming donations, checking expiry dates etc.
- Intake of regular client visits, which includes data entry work. Please note that new client intakes are done by staff.
- Organization of incoming donations for both the shopping area and the warehouse storage.
- Assembling of special client packages: This would include Backpacks, Easter program, Birthday program, Thanksgiving program, and the Christmas Hamper program and Baby Layettes.
- Pick up pf weekly purchases at local grocery stores: This would include bread, milk, Ontario Association of Food Bank Donations.
- Unpack, tag, stock clothing, households, crafts, electrical items, toys, etc.
- Cashiers to process purchases, assist with bagging of merchandise.
- Test electronics and appliances.
- Assist at furniture desk, writing invoices, customer service.
- Assist with re-merchandising the store to ensure maximum space for newly donated merchandise.
- Warehouse Receivers – This would include bringing in incoming donations from the community.
- Garbage Run – This would include taking garbage runs weekly.
- Maintenance – Grounds Maintenance, which includes garbage removal, seasonal clean up, raking of leaves, sweeping etc.
These roles are considered light to medium labour, but we can find opportunities for those who have special needs with advance notice.