It’s that time of year!
Every year our volunteers from the community make the holiday season a little brighter for others. So, we are calling on you again to help. It’s easy… there’s no registration required to volunteer your time. Our Christmas Hamper program schedule is below. Just come to the session or sessions where you can help.
Thank you from all your friends at the Grimsby Benevolent Fund.
Food Sorting Thursday, Dec 15
With children’s help
6:30 – 9 pm
6:30 – 7:30 pm
Packing Friday, Dec 16 6:30 pm – 9 pm Hamper Delivery Saturday, Dec 17 8 am – noon Packing & Clean up Saturday, Dec 17 9 am – 3:00pm Sorting, Shipping & Warehousing Monday December, 19 9 am – 3:00pm
Please note that all sorting and packing will take place at Trinity United Church, Grimsby.
The mission, vision and values of the GBF are the fundamental Principles that will guide our developement of goals and objectives.
The Mission of the Grimsby Benevolent Fund (GBF) is to help individuals and families
in maintaining self sufficiency by providing assistance with basic needs.
Our vision is one of a community-based organization that consistently provides compassionate assistance and counsel to our less fortunate neighbours in order that they might experience an improved quality of life. The GBF is committed to creating social change to reduce poverty through research, education and advocacy and to engage, energize, educate, and lead Grimsby in creating a hunger-free community.
- A strong sense of social responsibility.
- A commitment to serving our clients with respect and compassion.
- Belief in the unique abilities, strengths and gifts of each person.
- Belief in the capacity of people to grow, change and care for themselves and for one another.
- Commitment to professionalism, ethical conduct and integrity of service delivery.
- Recognition of the importance of volunteerism and citizen participation in the community
- The mission, vision and values of the GBF are the fundamental principles that will guide our development of goals and objectives.