Show your support for the less fortunate in our community and help fill our shelves during the summer months:
- Check your flyers and when you take advantage of store specials, pick one up for the GBF and drop it in the collection bin at your local grocery store
- Drop off your donations at the GBF
- Plan your own food/fundraising event
Remember, one dollar, one person, one donation. It’s the power of one at work and together we can ensure everyone has food on the table!
The mission, vision and values of the GBF are the fundamental Principles that will guide our developement of goals and objectives.
The Mission of the Grimsby Benevolent Fund (GBF) is to help individuals and families
in maintaining self sufficiency by providing assistance with basic needs.
Our vision is one of a community-based organization that consistently provides compassionate assistance and counsel to our less fortunate neighbours in order that they might experience an improved quality of life. The GBF is committed to creating social change to reduce poverty through research, education and advocacy and to engage, energize, educate, and lead Grimsby in creating a hunger-free community.
- A strong sense of social responsibility.
- A commitment to serving our clients with respect and compassion.
- Belief in the unique abilities, strengths and gifts of each person.
- Belief in the capacity of people to grow, change and care for themselves and for one another.
- Commitment to professionalism, ethical conduct and integrity of service delivery.
- Recognition of the importance of volunteerism and citizen participation in the community
- The mission, vision and values of the GBF are the fundamental principles that will guide our development of goals and objectives.