Fighting Hunger This Easter
Holidays are a difficult time of year for most, especially for those who are experiencing financial hardship. Matthew and Amy are parents to three beautiful children. Despite, Matthew working full-time and Amy receiving maternity benefits, almost all of their monthly income is used to pay rent and utility costs. By the end of the month, there’s minimal money left to purchase food for their kids.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! You can help Matthew and Amy as well as other families like them by donating to GBF today so they can enjoy a special Easter dinner this year.
Your generous donation is greatly appreciated by GBF and the families we serve!
Together, we’re making an important difference in our community.
The mission, vision and values of the GBF are the fundamental Principles that will guide our developement of goals and objectives.
The Mission of the Grimsby Benevolent Fund (GBF) is to help individuals and families
in maintaining self sufficiency by providing assistance with basic needs.
Our vision is one of a community-based organization that consistently provides compassionate assistance and counsel to our less fortunate neighbours in order that they might experience an improved quality of life. The GBF is committed to creating social change to reduce poverty through research, education and advocacy and to engage, energize, educate, and lead Grimsby in creating a hunger-free community.
- A strong sense of social responsibility.
- A commitment to serving our clients with respect and compassion.
- Belief in the unique abilities, strengths and gifts of each person.
- Belief in the capacity of people to grow, change and care for themselves and for one another.
- Commitment to professionalism, ethical conduct and integrity of service delivery.
- Recognition of the importance of volunteerism and citizen participation in the community
- The mission, vision and values of the GBF are the fundamental principles that will guide our development of goals and objectives.